The New Year has finally arrived, and with it, the dozens of New Years Resolutions you probably made to yourself as that ball dropped earlier this week. On the list is probably to work out more, lose weight, sleep more, and make more time for yourself, your mental health, and your personal well-being. Did you happen to include skincare and preservation on that list as well? As the biggest organ in your body, as well as the first thing that greets those you meet, skincare should be right up there with the biggest concerns you have for the year ahead.
If you feel like you could improve your skincare regime, have better skin, or just plain learn more about all of it, we’re happy to be your guiding resource heading into the next year.
Here’s how you can have better skin in 2019.
- Protect Your Skin from the Sun: Yes, we all like to have that sun-kissed glow, but getting it from direct sun and UV radiation isn’t the best way to go about it. A lifetime of sun exposure can create wrinkles, fine lines, sun spots, and increase your risk for cancer. As a result, we recommend using sunscreen or sunscreen moisturizers this year, wearing hats and sunglasses, and minimizing your time out in the direct sunlight.
- Limit Hot Water Exposure: Did you know that hot water and long showers can deplete your skin of its natural oils? These oils are used to keep the pH balance while also preventing breakouts, dry patches, etc. Therefore, try and keep bathing to just lukewarm water, as well as limit the amount of direct water hitting your skin out of the showerhead.
- Eat a Healthy Diet: Yes, what we eat affects how healthy our skin appears to be. We get our nutrients and vitamins from what we ingest, which means plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins will help your skin to stay hydrated and repaired.
- Drink Lots of Water: More than 75% of Americans live in a chronic state of dehydration. Considering up to 60% of the human body is water, that means that water is the most important element that goes into the preservation and presentation of your skin. If you struggle to drink enough water each day, consider downloading an app or setting an alarm that reminds you to get the aqua back into your body.
- Commit to Natural Products: Many skincare products out there comprised of chemicals and toxins can actually affect the health of your skin moving forward. Therefore, make a commitment to use only natural skincare products for a more wholesome and organic skincare regime. We can help.
Here at Spa Joe, we create only all natural and organic skincare products that were made with pristine elements directly from nature. We believe that skincare comes down to proper hydration and nourishment from compounds already provided to us right outside. If you’re ready for happier skin in 2019, start with organic skincare products made for you.